St. Mary’s Academy - Pasay
We collect the following personal information from you when you officially register to SMA-P:
- Full name, gender, birthdate & place, nationality, religion and home address of learner and parents/guardian;
- Civil Status and Marriage status of learner’s parents
- Contact information of parents/guardian: landline, mobile phone, email address;
- Employment information of parents including address and contact number;
- Face / photo of learner
The collected personal and sensitive information is utilized for documentation and processing purposes within SMA-P and is shared with the Department of Education thru its Learner Information System (DepEd Order No. 26, s.2015). Summary number of enrollment according to gender is shared with the organizations where SMA-P is affiliated as a member, accredited and/or certified. Personal information of Junior and Senior High School learners including that of the parents are shared with the Private Education Assistance Committee (PEAC) who qualified for tuition fee grant by the Government Assistance to Students and Teachers in Private Education (GASTPE).
The Records Center (Registrar’s Office) staff has access to these personal and sensitive information, it is only shared with person in authority with valid reason related to the learner’s curricular and co-curricular development. Registration Forms and Learner’s Permanent Records are securely kept in the Center’s storage area while digital files are stored in the school’s database with a compact SMA-P SYSTEM SERVER BACK-UP. Physical records shall be disposed of through shredding after graduation in Grade 12 while digital files shall be kept perpetually.
Access and Correction
Owner of the record has the right to ask for a copy of any personal information as well as to ask for it to be corrected. To do so, the owner of the record or parent of the learner (for minors) must do the following:
Access: follow SMA-P policy on request for student records / credentials available at the Records Center (http://sma.org.ph/admission)
1. Upon registration, provide the necessary correction of previously given personal information by manually writing in the printed registration form.
2. For current students, follow the Department of Education policy on Correction of Names to be processed by the parent of the learner. Details and guidance is available at the Records Center.
3. For graduates, provide necessary legal documents i.e. original Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) copy of birth certificate for corrections in name, birthdate, birthplace or gender.